This job is right for you if you like:
- High-energy start-ups, with a brilliant and passionate team
- Solving problems that make a real difference in people’s lives and well being
- Rapid growth and the ability to make a personal, directional impact on strategy/execution
- Guiding innovative products, services, and processes from idea to user adoption
- Rockstar teammates: an unparalleled team with decades of prior work experience in artificial intelligence, software systems, molecular biology, clinical oncology, clinical and regulatory operations, and related fields
xCures helps patients and their doctors beat late stage and/or recalcitrant cancer. We operate an AI-assisted platform that provides highly-tailored, up-to-date information regarding the optimal (investigational or approved) therapies to consider in specific patient cases. In doing so, xCures’ platform prospectively generates real-world evidence for clinical studies and decentralized trials. xCures is founded by serial entrepreneurs and led by a management team with more than 10 successful combined exits under their belts. We are backed by Vanedge Capital Partners in a large seed round, are already bringing in meaningful revenue, and are raising a Series A to scale growth.
About the role
We’re looking for a Product Designer with a passion for finding solutions that allow customers and users (patients, healthcare providers, and business partners) to intuitively use our products. The ideal candidate will be skilled at each stage of the design process but always focused on the needs of the customer. You thrive in a fast-paced agile environment and will work with cross-functional team members (including developers, product managers, marketers) to build an optimal user experience for our customers.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our customers and users
- Set design requirements based on information from internal stakeholders and user research.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to create and revise patient-, healthcare provider-facing, business partner-facing, and internal user-facing applications and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions within the Product Team
- Solicit feedback from users and stakeholders to continually raise our bar for quality
- Undergraduate degree in Design and/or technical field
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- 5+ years of UX/UI design experience for web-based applications with emphasis on end-user/customer product design
- Experience in start-ups, high-tech organizations, and/or entrepreneurial roles preferred
Skills, competencies, and capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills to communicate and support your design ideas and rationales
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members
- Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Experience working with user demographics including (but not limited to): healthcare providers, cancer patients, health system administrators, scientists, and medical researchers is preferred
- Experience working on products in healthcare or a similarly highly complex, regulated environment
- Mission alignment (i.e., enthusiasm for helping cancer patients learn about and access the best treatment options for fighting their disease, as well as for driving wholesale improvements in how and how quickly new cancer treatments are understood and become available to those in need of them)
This is a big list. Don’t worry if you do not meet every qualification or wishlist item. If you are passionate, ambitious, adept, and mission-aligned, then we want to hear from you — even if you don’t check every box listed here. True talent shines through and transcends a list of bullet points.
To apply, send your resume and a note why you are interested to: email@example.com