This job is right for you if you like…
- High-energy start-ups, with brilliant and passionate teams
- Solving problems that make a real difference in people’s lives and well beings
- Rapid growth and the ability to make a personal, directional impact on strategy/execution
- Guiding innovative products, services, and processes from idea to user adoption
- Working with an unparalleled team with decades of prior work experience in artificial intelligence, software, molecular biology, clinical and regulatory operations, and related fields
xCures is a rapidly growing health technology company revolutionizing the oncology and rare disease ecosystem. We are seeking a motivated Program Manager to join our team.
Our cutting-edge technology helps partners access and understand disparate healthcare data. We generate comprehensive, longitudinal clinicogenomic data, empowering our partners to understand things like disease progression, treatment efficacy, and adverse events. By leveraging this data, we drive advancements in clinical research and personalized medicine, with the ultimate goal of improving treatment outcomes.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to join our team as a Program Manager as we continue to grow. As part of the Program Management Office, this role will be integral in driving company maturation, enabling rapid scaling, and ensuring client and partner satisfaction. The Program Manager will fill responsibilities as a technical program manager working closely with our Data Science and Engineering teams, as a leader of strategic cross-functional projects, and as a manager of relationships with strategic partners. This role presents a unique opportunity to play a crucial part in driving both technical excellence and client/partner satisfaction within our organization.
You are highly organized and like hard problems. You like working with data and producing data driven solutions. You are comfortable with ambiguity and drive results in situations where there is not a clear answer. You are looking for an opportunity to work at a fast-paced, rapidly scaling company where you will wear many hats.
- Lead cross-functional projects to drive operational excellence and scalability; craft and lead programs and communications to manage change within the organization; support regulatory compliance and audit-readiness; produce metrics and visualizations that drive transparency and enable data-driven decisions; run agile software development processes
- Serve as a technical program manager supporting our Data Science and Engineering teams driving appropriate prioritization of and execution of our strategic priorities
- Lead the project kickoff/startup processes with strategically important clients and partners; build and nurture client/partner relationships; communicate and prioritize clients/partner’s business requirements to Product, Data Science, and Engineering teams; manage internal stakeholders across departments to ensure project delivery remains within scope, on time, and within budget and exceeds our clients/partners’ expectations; identify opportunities to expand partnerships and drive additional value for clients/partners
- Initially serve as an individual contributor with supervisory responsibility over project and program teams; a growth position that tracks for leadership and team-building responsibilities
- 3-5+ years of relevant professional experience in project/program leadership
- Experience in startups, consulting, high-tech organizations, and/or entrepreneurial roles
Skills, competencies, and capabilities
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills with a track record of driving projects from initiation to successful completion
- Strong technical background, with an understanding of engineering and data science principles and an ability to translate business objectives into technical requirements
- Comfortable with agile sprint methodology and documentation/task management systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across teams and communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Data analytics and business intelligence capabilities and interest
- Client/stakeholder management skill set
- Mission alignment (i.e., motivation for accelerating research in the cancer / rare disease space)
- Undergraduate degree in a health sciences and/or technical field
- Graduate degree(s) in a relevant subject area
- Managerial/supervisory experience
- Previous professional experience in the healthcare domain and/or working on relevant projects (e.g., in healthcare product, in AI/ML/NLP product development, on clinical research programs, etc.)
- More robustly developed/applied technical skill sets
We have bases of operation in both the San Francisco Bay Area and in Research Triangle Park (RTP), North Carolina. This position is expected to be remote. Candidates anywhere in the continental US are welcome to apply. Occasional travel (e.g., <10%) may be required for company meetings, conferences, and/or client requirements.
This is a big list. Don’t worry if you do not meet every qualification or wishlist item. If you are passionate, ambitious, adept, and mission-aligned, then we want to hear from you — even if you don’t check every box listed here.
Salary & Benefits
xCures offers a flexible and affordable benefits program designed to help you be well, including medical, dental, & vision coverage, vacation & sick time, holiday pay, and a 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer
xCures is an equal opportunity employer valuing workforce diversity.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org