Eating certain foods and nutrients is well known to prevent or reduce certain diseases or conditions from happening. Recent research in mice has shown that depriving the diet of certain nutrients can slow the growth of cancer and help the mice live longer while not impacting the healthy tissue.
PROMAP is a study that uses a specially formulated diet that restricts these nutrients that may be involved in cancer growth. It is not known if this effect in mice will be seen in humans to help them live longer or feel better but this study aims to study the management of disease with this special food.
What will I eat?
The study lasts 6 weeks. Some menu options are shown here. You will get a full overview after you enroll.
Will I receive any compensation?
- The food will be delivered to you and you will not have to pay for it.
- You will have access to a registered dietitian if you have any diet-related questions.
- You will be provided with a free smart scale to use during your time on the study and keep after the study is complete.
- You will also be paid $950 if you complete the 6-week study.
Am I eligible for the research study?
For this study, only people who are being treated for advanced/metastatic pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma cancer (PDAC) are eligible. Furthermore,
- You must currently be receiving or about to receive chemotherapy.
- You must have a bmi > or equal to 20.
- You do not have insulin-dependent diabetes
I think I am eligible. How do I sign up?
To sign up for the PROMAP research study, just click here. Once you do so, a member of the xCures study team will work with you to screen and enroll you into the PROMAP study, if you are eligible. If you’re not eligible for the study, they can also offer alternative treatment assistance.